Greetings! It’s been quiet here in YouthfulLaughter with me on a holiday break from the blog due to work and such. I’ve been away from wordpress in general, so I was late in seeing that a fellow blog Yahari Bento nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Thanks a bunch!
- Display Award
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and write then 11 new questions
Without further ado, my eleven answers to YB’s eleven questions:
= Your favorite anime series/movie in this year? =
My favorite series this year has to be Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, or Re:Zero. I loved its characters, its plot, and its atmosphere. I love its mature themes coupled with a cute aesthetic. Re:Zero is the big reason why I started watching anime again this year and why I’ve been more willing to get back into blogging.
Konosuba was absolutely hilarious with the lovable Megumin and Kekkai Sensen is wonderfully written and directed.
Definitely looking forward to future seasons of these series!
= Your favorite genre? =
Action shonen/seinen with thriller or horror elements. I say that but I’m usually willing to watch a lot of things if they have good plot, good writing, and interesting characters with cute waifus optional (manly men akin to Jojo characters are acceptable substitutes).
= Old anime series you want to watch again? =
Maybe not watch again because I’ve never finished them but Yu Yu Hakasho and Hajime no Ippo are high on my list of oldies to watch. The first is actually because my friends’ nickname for me is Yuyu, though unrelated to the show, and I remember watching the Tournament arc a ton back in my youth. The second because I’ve watched numerous clips of Ippo’s Dempsey Roll and such on Youtube far too many times.
= 3 favorite characters in anime/manga? =
1) Megumin from Konosuba: I love her vibrant/chaotic personality and over-the-top reactions. Also explosions.
2) Komine Sachi from Grisaia no Kajitsu: My first “waifu.” I love how competent she is, being able to do basically anything yet being kind and caring towards others. That and she’s a super troll with Mitsuru.
3) Tequila Joseph from Jojo: Jojo is bae.
= Do you play games too? =
Well, Shadowverse is a big part of this blog but besides that, I play a lot of League of Legends and Overwatch. I’ve played League since Season 2 (I distinctly remember Graves, Wukong, and Skarner coming out) and Overwatch since the closed beta.
I’m a more of a gamer than an aniblogger to be honest and I’ve thought of going into streaming and making more Let’s Play videos. But that’s a lot of work and I’m a lazy bum who works way too much so meh.
= Which anime character do you want to meet from the anime world? =
I didn’t quite understand the wording of the original question so I reworded it into something that I think Yahari Bento is trying to ask?
I would love to meet my favorite characters, but let’s mix things up and remove them from the possible selection pool. Besides those three, I would love to meet L from Death Note. I would love to get his opinions on a lot of things because he’s such a genius with a high sense of morality who can maybe explain how to spread that sense of justice to others.
= What do you eat while on the internet? =
I eat a lot of takeout Chinese food because there is a really good place on my way home for work that’s really cheap. Orange chicken for days.
= If anime disappeared, what would you do? =
See: video games.
= How do you parents feel about anime …”
I no longer live at home and am past the age where my parents have a say in my hobbies.
= Do you lie down while reading manga or LNs? =
Nope. I usually read manga or LNs on my computer, so I’m usually sitting down. I don’t really read either though as I prefer anime over the two. This is only because I prefer the auditory input anime has that manga and LNs do not. I’m a huge voice acting fan and I love hearing professional voice actors and actresses becoming wildly different characters across different series. In addition, sound design and music bring a lot to making an anime extremely enjoyable for me.
= Right now, you are sleepy, aren’t you? =
I actually took a day off of work and slept in, so I’m good.
Thanks again to Yahari Bento for the Sunshine Award! As requested, I will make new questions for others to answer. I don’t actually know that many bloggers though, so I’ll try to nominate as many as possible.
- Anime Girls NYC
- The Otaku Judge
- The Geek Clinic
- The Otaku Lounge
- Deluscar – The Otaku Wonderland
That’s more than half, right? Okay good. Here goes!
- Why do you prefer anime over other media, such as filmed shows?
- Who is your favorite anime character?
- Would your rather he/she come into your life or you go into that his/her life?
- If you could obtain one character’s powers or abilities, who and what would it be?
- What is one meal from an anime you wish you could eat?
- What is one object from an anime you wish you could have?
- Solely in terms of visuals, who is the best designed character?
- Regardless of visuals, who is the most interesting character personality-wise?
- What two genres of anime would you like to see mixed together?
- What series has the best soundtrack you’ve heard?
- If you could swap voices with one character, who would it be?
If you have opinions on these questions, feel free to comment down below as well! (or pretend I nominated you above. That’s okay too).